You want to link a new IP phone, whose Mac ID has not been previously registered in the Business Portal, with a user's extension.
<supportagent>To access the customer's business portal:
- Log into the Business Portal.
- Navigate to the Companies section.
- Search for the customer by Company Name.
- Click on the Select option for the company in the results section.
Note: If the request comes from Moriarty Law Ltd, you should access the Business Portal with the credentials available in the Client Drive (Z:\Supporting Documentation\C008049 - Moriarty Law Ltd\11. Projects\PRA000357 - Moriarty Law - WHC3 PBX Upgrade (Feb 2019)\WHC3_CALLSTREAM ADMIN ONLY.txt) instead of following the steps above.
To complete this process, you will need confirmation from the customer about the device's make and model.</supportagent>
- In the Business Portal, go to the Sites tab.
- Search for the correct site and click on Select.
- Navigate to the Device Management tab and click on Devices.
- Click on Add.
- Enter the device's Mac ID in the Device ID and MAC Address fields.
- Select the correct make and model of your device in the Device Type dropdown list.
- Enter a description, if necessary.
- Click on Save.
- Go to the Employees tab and locate the user you want to link the device to.
- Click on Select for the employee.
- Navigate to the Service Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Device Selection section.
- Select the correct device from the Device ID dropdown.
- Confirm you have selected the correct device by reviewing the MAC Address field.
- Click on Save
After saving your changes, the message "Success: The service is currently being updated" will be displayed. To confirm the device has been linked to the correct extension, go to Sites > Device Management > Devices, enter the Mac ID in the MAC Address field and click on Search. In the results section, click on the view option under the Users column.
The details of the user extension linked to the device will be displayed.