You want to configure the queueing service to ensure callers are held for a specific number of minutes in the queue and then sent to voicemail or an alternate destination number in the event that Max Queue Duration and Max Queue Size thresholds are breached. This article describes how this can be accomplished in the Nucleus portal.
- Access to the Nucleus portal.
- Access to the RNP: Queue Manager service
Note: If you do not have access to Call Handling > RNP: Queue Manager, contact CallStream support to request it. You can also request CallStream support to modify the service for you.
<supportagent>Refer to Granting a Customer Access to Call Handling Features in the Nucleus Portal for detailed instructions to grant the user the required access. </supportagent>
- Log into the Nucleus platform.
- <supportagent>Go to Clients and search for the customer's name.
- Click on the Log In icon to access the platform as the customer.</supportagent>
- Navigate to Call Handling > RNP Queue Manager.
- Search for the queue using the queue's description or destination.
- Click on the configure option for the correct queue.
- Select the limit of the number of callers in the queue in the Maximum Queue Size field.
- Select the time you want to hold callers in the queue in the Max Duration field.
- Leave the Destination field beside the Max Duration field empty, to ensure the call bounces to the queue's voicemail after the specified time or when the number of callers reaches the queue's limit
Note: You can also configure this to bounce to a different destination. In this case, the input here has to be a One to One or a One to Many service (built on a 0888 routing number), not an actual diallable DDI. It is not recommended to point to another RNP Queue as this may not work.
After the queue's configuration has been modified, callers will be held in the queue for the amount of time specified in the Max Duration field. After this, the call will bounce to the queue's voicemail.
Article is closed for comments.