Introduction messages are messages played to the caller before connecting them to an agent within your IVR service. This article describes the steps to set or modify the Introduction Message for a phone number assigned to an RNP service in the Nucleus portal.
- Access to the Nucleus portal.
- Access to the required RNP service.
- Audio file if custom audio will be used.
Note: If you do not have access to Call Handling > [RNP Service], contact CallStream support to request it. You can also request CallStream support to set up the introduction message for you.
Refer to Granting a Customer Access to Call Handling Features in the Nucleus Portal for detailed instructions to grant the user the required access. If the customer wishes to use a professional recording, refer to Providing Professional Audio Recordings for CallStream Customers.
- Log in to the Nucleus portal.
- <supportagent>Go to Clients and search for the customer's name.
- Click on the Log In icon to access the platform as the customer.</supportagent>
- Navigate to Call Handling > [RNP Service]. RNP: One 2 Many or RNP: One 2 One.
- Enter the Number of the line that needs its introduction message updated and click on Search.
- Locate the number in the results and click on Configure.
- Click on Update for the Introduction field.
- Select the desired option for Style:
- Not Configured: No introduction message will be played.
- System Default: The message "Thank you for calling, please hold the line whilst we connect your call" will be played to callers.
- Recorded: This option gives you a phone number to call in to and record your own audio message.
- Uploaded: If this option is selected, a description must be entered and the audio file must be uploaded from your local machine.
- Clicking on Update.
Once the changes have been saved, the selected Introduction Message will be displayed in the Introduction field of the service setup page for the number. Additionally, the introduction message will be played to the caller during inbound calls before connecting to the agent.