If you are experiencing issues with your IP phone, it is possible it has been unregistered from the Broadcloud platform. This article provides the steps to confirm if the IP phone is registered and to reboot the device in case it isn't.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- In the Admin Portal, navigate to Devices.
- Locate the device using the MAC address or the device type.
- Click on the Actions>Device Status option for the correct device.
- Information about the device, including MAC address, the assigned phone number, the extension, and the State will be displayed. If the device's state is not REGISTERED, this indicates there might be an issue with the equipment:
- Close the Device Status window.
- Click on the Actions>Reboot Device option for the correct device.
- Check the Device Status (steps 3 and 4) again.
If the device's state is REGISTERED, this indicates the device (IP Phone) is correctly connected to the network and the platform.
If the device's state is not REGISTERED, even after the device has been rebooted, make sure that the IP phone has been connected correctly to the ethernet and its power source. Also, ensure that there are no issues with your network. After you have confirmed the issue is not on your side, report the issue to CallStream support. Make sure to include the following information, in case the IP phone needs to be replaced:
- Model and make of the IP Phone (for example, 7821 Cisco IP Phone).
- Delivery address
- Extension assigned to the IP phone