If the user wants to block incoming calls from certain caller IDs (CLI)/ caller's telephone number into their inbound numbers then there is a feature called "Caller Exception" in the number portal. This article describes the process for the user to enable the caller exception feature.
- Access to Number manager.
To enable the caller exception on a certain CLI:
- Log on to the Number manager.
- Click on the Service Number to update.
- Scroll down to Caller Exception and turn the button to ON.
- Build a group with any name, add the Caller ID (CLI) to block into the group.
- Then from the drop-down on Divert Calls option, either route calls to an alternate destination or play audio or divert to voicemail.
Once the caller exception is selected against a number, the calls will not be further received. It can be tested on any sample number as an example.
Please sign in to leave a comment.