When an employee leaves the company, their user extension in the WHC hosted phone system can be deactivated. This article describes the steps to accomplish this in the Business Portal.
- Administrator access to the Business Portal.
- Log in to the Business Portal.
- <supportagent>Navigate to the Companies section.
- Search for the customer by Company Name.
- Click on the Select option for the company in the results section.</supportagent>
- Go to the Sites tab, search for the Site instance and Select the correct site.
- Go to the Employees tab, search for the user extension. and Select the correct one.
- Navigate to Service Settings.
- Scroll towards the bottom of the page and click on the Deactivate option.
- A warning message will pop up indicating the user will no longer be able to use the service after the deactivation. Click OK to confirm.
After the deactivation has been confirmed, the user extension will no longer be active and won't be able to receive or place calls within the system. To confirm this is the case, go to the Employees tab and search for the user extension. In the results, the Status of the employee will be Inactive.