Alternate Numbers is a feature that allows multiple phone numbers to ring into the same phone. If you wish to associate an additional number to an existing user extension, you can add an alternate number for said user. This article describes the steps to accomplish this in WHC's Business Portal.
- Administrator access to the Business Portal.
- DDI is available on the WHC platform.
Note: If you wish to add a new number that has not been added to the platform as an alternate number, reach out to CallStream support and order the number. Make sure to specify the required STD code/area.
Refer to Requesting DDIs for WHC Services for more information.
- Log in to the Business Portal.
- <supportagent>Navigate to the Companies section.
- Search for the customer by Company Name.
- Click on the Select option for the company in the results section.</supportagent>
- Go to the Sites tab and select the correct site.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Locate the extension that needs to be updated and click on Select.
- Go to Features.
- Click on Configure for Alternate Numbers.
- Click on Add.
- Select the correct number from the dropdown list.
Note: If the number is not available, reach out to CallStream Support and order the required number specifying the STD code/area.
- Update the extension, if necessary.
- Select a Ring Pattern.
- Click on Save.
Once the changes have been saved, the alternate number will be added to the Alternate Numbers list that is linked to the user extension's profile. Calls to the added alternate number will be received by the user.
Article is closed for comments.