The Call Recording feature allows both placed and received calls in the hosted phone system to be recorded for replay and archival. This is a useful feature for security, training, and quality assurance, among others. This article provides the steps to enable this feature in the Admin Portal for a specific user.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal.
- The user has been created.
- Call Recording license is available for the user.
Note: If there are no available licenses, reach out to CallStream support to request a Dubber Call Recording license. A license is required for each user.
Note: Refer to Ordering Call Recording Licenses for more information.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- In the Admin Portal, navigate to the Users tab.
- Search for the user using the first name last name, or extension.
- Select Actions and then the Edit option for the user in the results.
- Navigate to Advanced > Call Recordings.
- Enable the feature by clicking on the toggle.
- Choose when you would like calls to be recorded. Options include:
- Always: All calls will be recorded, with no control to start, pause, or stop.
- Always with Pause/Resume: All calls will be recorded. The user will be able to start or pause the recording.
- On Demand (Triggered by User Dialing *44): The entire call is recorded when the call is placed on hold and call recording is started (by dialing *44). The recording can be paused and resumed.
- On Demand with User Initiated Start: Only the portion of the call after the *44 was entered is recorded. The recording can be paused, resumed, or stopped.
- To play an announcement whenever the call recording is started or stopped, enable the Play Recording Start/Stop Announcement option.
- To record both sent and received voice messages, enable the Record Voice Messaging option.
- If you wish to be notified whenever the call recording pauses or resumes, toggle the Pause/Resume Notification option.
- Select either Play Announcement if you wish this notification to be a message, or Beep if you wish to be notified by a beep sound.
- Enable the Show Dubber Information option.
- Click on Save.
Once the Call Recording feature has been enabled for the user, calls will be recorded. Recordings can be searched and played by an administrator in the Dubber platform.