You want to port in a number or multiple numbers into CallStream in order to use it in any of the CallStream systems or products.
Every CallStream service and user within a CallStream system requires a phone line, which is also provided by CallStream. If you wish to use an existing phone number for any of CallStream services, you can port in, or transfer, your phone service from your current provider to CallStream.
To port your number into CallStream, download the CLoA template and input the following information:
- Current provider's name and address.
- Numbers to be ported.
- Company Details as shown on the most recent bill from the current provider.
- Address to register against numbers.
Reach out to Support, making sure to attach the CLoA to your request.
- Once the customer has filled the requested information in the CLoA, enter the correct details in the New Provider section.
Note: Even though CallStream will be the new provider, the information in the CLoA in the New Provider section will not be about CallStream, but rather the new carrier.
TTB is preferred for inbound numbers. Vodafone is the next option.
Wavenet is the carrier for hosted PBX services or users.
BT is the carrier for fixed phone lines.
- Send a port request to the gaining carrier via side conversation including the CLoA. In your request, indicate the customer is porting into CallStream and CallStream has decided to use them as the carrier.
- Once the porting process has been handled by the carrier, request billing to include the number in the customer's account. Include the carrier in your request.
When adding information about providers in the CLOA form, use the UK Companies House website or some of the commonly used carrier's information is listed below:
- TALKTALK BUSINESS - Soapworks, Ordsall Lane, Salford, United Kingdom, M5 3TT
- INVOSYS - New Bridgewater House Mayfield Avenue, Worsley, Manchester, M28 3JF
- VODAFONE - Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
- BT - 81 Newgate Street, London, EC1A 7AJ
- BT IPEX - 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ
- VIRGIN MEDIA - 500 Brook Drive, Reading, United Kingdom, RG2 6UU