If you want to add multiple external contacts to the Phone Directory, you can bulk import them using a CSV file. This article describes the process to accomplish this in WHC's Business Portal.
- Administrator access to the Business Portal.
- Group Contacts have been included in the Phone Directory.
To access the customer's business portal:
- Log in to the Business Portal.
- Navigate to the Companies section.
- Search for the customer by Company Name.
- Click on the Select option for the company in the results section.
- Using Excel, create a CSV file with a list of the external contacts to be added.
The file must follow this format:
Jane B Smith,12345678900
Jane M Smith,12345678901
Jane W Smith,12345678902
John B Smith,12345678903
John D Smith,12345678904
John Y Smith,12345678905
- In the Business Portal, go to the Sites tab and select the correct site.
- Navigate to Features > Contacts.
- Click on Configure for Group Contacts.
- Click on the Choose File option and select the file created in step 1.
- Click on the Import option.
The contacts in the CSV file will be immediately added to the Group Contacts list. To verify that the contacts were created correctly review the Group Contact list and check the Name and Phone Numbers for all imported contacts.
Article is closed for comments.