When an external contact has updated their phone number or name, their directory entry needs to be updated. This article describes the steps to accomplish this in Broadcloud's Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- In the Admin Portal, navigate to Advanced Services > Directory.
- Select either Enterprise Common Contacts to modify an entry in a directory available for all users across the entire enterprise, or Site Common Contacts to modify an entry in a directory available only for users across individual sites.
- Click on Edit for the directory where the contact is placed.
- Enter the current name or number of the contact that needs to be modified in the search bar.
- Click on the Remove icon in front of the correct entry in the results section.
- Add a new entry with the contact's updated name and number.
Once the changes have been saved, the updated entry will be displayed in the Contact List. Additionally, all users with access to the directory where the contact was modified will be able to see the updated contact details.
Article is closed for comments.