If you wish to define the order in which calls are delivered to users in a Hunt Group, you need to set the Hunt Group's Call Routing settings. This article provides the steps to accomplish this in Broadcloud's Admin Portal.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- In the Admin Portal, navigate to Advanced Services > Hunt Groups.
- Locate the Hunt Group that needs to be modified and click on Actions > Edit Service.
- Navigate to the Call Routing tab.
- Select how you want the phones to ring:
- All at once: Rings all users at the same time.
- One at a time: Rings users, one at a time.
- Top Down: Rings the user configured at the top of the “Assigned” list first, and then the users listed beneath, in sequential order.
- Circular: The order of the Users in the “Assigned” list represents the order in which the Users’ phones will ring, beginning with the individual that follows the last User receiving a Hunt Group call.
- Longest Idle: Rings the user who has been idle (i.e., not on a hunt group call) the longest.
- Weighted: Route calls to users based on their pre-configured weight (percentage) assignments. Click on Set Weighted Percentages and use the slider to assign the percentages.
Note: The percentages must equal 100%. Users assigned higher weight percentages will receive inbound calls first. If those users are busy, the call rings to the next weighted user assigned to the group. Users assigned a 0% weight will only receive calls if all other users are busy.
- Check the Advance after a set number of rings option and enter the number of rings if you would like calls to forward to another user if no one answers after a set number of rings.
- Check the Advance when busy (No Call Waiting) option if you would like calls to forward to another user if the line is busy.
Note: It is recommended to have this option enabled. However, if you want users on calls to see additional incoming calls via Caller ID and be able to answer them while already on active calls, uncheck the box.
- Click on Save to apply all changes.
When the changes have been saved, the message Hunt Group Saved successfully will be displayed. Additionally, calls will be routed as specified in the Call Routing tab. To verify changes have been saved correctly, repeat steps 1 through 3 and review the information displayed.
Article is closed for comments.