A PIN is required to access a user's voicemail. If you have forgotten this passcode, you can reset it using your phone or from the My Phone Next portal. If you are not able to do this yourself, an administrator can request the PIN reset on your behalf. This article describes the steps to accomplish this.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal if you are an administrator resetting a user's Voicemail PIN.
- Access to the My Phone Next Portal if you want to reset your Voicemail PIN.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- In the Admin Portal, navigate to the Users tab.
- Search for the user using the first name last name, or extension.
- Select Actions and then the Edit option for the user in the results.
- Confirm the user's Email is correct in the User Information tab.
- Go to the Voicemail tab.
- Click on Reset Voicemail PIN.
- In the My Phone Next Portal, click on the profile button in the top right corner.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Click on the Change Voicemail PIN button.
Note: The voicemail PIN can also be set using your IP Phone or UC One app. Click on the Voicemail button and, if the PIN requires resetting, a telephone wizard will guide you through the resetting process.
Once the Voicemail PIN has been reset, a temporary passcode will be sent to the user's email. Once the user is able to access the voicemail with the temporary PIN, the system will prompt them to change their passcode.