Calls from scammers or other nuisance callers can be blocked by users via the My Phone Next Portal. This article describes the steps to accomplish this.
Note: Calls can only be blocked on the user level. To make sure all users in a Hunt Group, for example, do not receive nuisance calls from a specific number, all users in the Hunt Group must complete the process outlined in this article.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Access to the My Phone Next Portal.
To access My Phone Next Portal as the end-user:
- Log in to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- In the Admin Portal, go to the Users tab.
- Locate the user and click on Actions > Go to User Portal.
- In the My Phone Next Portal, go to Call Settings.
- In the Incoming Calls tab, enable the Selectively Reject Calls feature.
- Select the Schedule when calls should be rejected and click on Add Schedule.
- In the Calls From dropdown, choose the Select Phone Numbers option.
- Enter the number in the Set number field.
- Click on Save to add the number to the Reject table.
- Click on Save again.
Once the Selectively Reject Calls feature has been configured, all calls from the specified number will be blocked during the time schedule specified. To verify the configuration has been saved correctly, go to Call Settings > Incoming Calls, locate the Reject table and click on the edit button for the new row for Specific Numbers.
Make sure the number displayed is the number specified in step 5.