Agents can take card payments during calls by using the Virtual Terminal. This article describes the process to start a payment during a call, request the card number and CVV from the customer, and submit the payment in the Virtual Terminal portal.
- Access to the Virtual Terminal portal.
- Log in to the Virtual Terminal portal. Your agent ID will be displayed, along with your agent name, at the top of the screen.
- During a call with the customer, when it is time to receive the payment, enter the agent ID using your phone keypad the following way: #[agent ID]#. If your agent ID is 123, you will press #123#.
- The Virtual Terminal will connect to the call in progress, and the call details will be displayed.
- Click on Proceed to Payment.
- Enter the Card Holder information, including the name as it appears on the card and any additional details requested.
- Enter a unique reference number in the Order Ref field.
- Enter the amount of the transaction in the Value field.
- If the Gateway used to authorize the transaction allows for different currencies, select the correct currency from the dropdown list. If this option is not available, the payment will be made in GBP.
- Click on the PCN button to request the customer to enter their card number followed by the # symbol.
- Once the card number has been entered by the customer, only the last four digits will be visible to the agent. This information is used to verify with the customer whether the information was entered correctly.
Note: If the customer has made a mistake entering the card information, or has decided to use another card, repeat steps 9 and 10.
- Click on CV2 to request the customer to input the Card Verification Value (CVV) followed by the # symbol.
- Once the information has been provided, the CV2 will be disabled and the value XXX will be displayed.
- Enter the Valid From date and Expiry Date of the card.
- Click on Submit Payment.
Once the payment has been submitted, information about the transaction will be displayed. The System Status and Transaction Status fields will indicate the transaction is in progress.
After the payment has been authorized, the System Status, Call Status, Transaction Status, Authorisation Code, and Gateway Response fields will be updated with the transaction result.
If the transaction is not authorized, click on Repeat to try again. Once the call has ended, click on Home to return to the Virtual Terminal portal's main page.