To assign a device that had been previously assigned to a different user, it is necessary to remove the assignment from the original user first. This article describes the steps to accomplish this in Broadcloud's Admin Portal.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- In the Admin Portal, go to the Users tab.
- Find the user that needs to be updated and click on Actions > Edit.
- Go to the Devices tab.
- To remove the primary device:
- Go to Primary Device.
- Click on Unassign Device.
- To remove a secondary device:
- Go to Shared Devices.
- Click on "X" next to the device that needs to be removed.
- Click on Save.
Once the changes have been saved, the device will no longer be assigned to the user. Inbound calls to the user's number will no longer ring on the unassigned device, and the device will be able to be assigned to a different user.
Article is closed for comments.