Administrators can add devices in the Admin Portal that can later be assigned to users. This article describes the process to add new devices at a time or in bulk in Broadcloud's Business Portal.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- In the Admin Portal, go to the Devices tab.
- Adding one device at a time:
- Click on Add Ported Device.
- The Add a Ported Device wizard will be displayed. Select the correct Site.
- Select the device that needs to be added.
- Enter the device's MAC address. This can be found on the base of the IP Phone device.
- Click on Save.
- Adding multiple devices in bulk:
- Click on Import > Download List of Sites to get a list of all provisioned Site names.
- Click on Import > Download List of Supported Devices to get a list of all available devices.
- Click on Import > Download .CSV Template.
- Modify the downloaded template to include the following information for each device:
- Site Name: This is a required column, that needs to be populated with one of the sites available in the Sites list downloaded in step 1.
- Device Type: This is a required column, that needs to be populated with a device included in the Supported Devices list downloaded in step 2.
- MAC Address: This can be found on the base of each IP Phone device.
- Click on Import > Upload .CSV File.
- Select the file to upload.
Note: If there are issues with the provided devices, an error will be displayed. In this case, review the file to upload, make corrections, and upload again.
- If the upload is successful, a notification will be displayed.
Once the new devices have been added, they will be included in the inventory and displayed on the Devices list. These new devices can now be assigned to a new user when it is being set up, or to an existing user.
Article is closed for comments.