Administrators can create and set up users in the Admin Portal. This article describes the steps to accomplish this including the process of assigning a device, that has been previously added to the system, to the new user.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal.
- The user's IP Phone has been added to the Admin Portal and it is available.
- At least one user Station Package available.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- In the Admin Portal:
- Navigate to Dashboard, click on Set Up a User, and click on Start; or,
- Navigate to Users and click on Set Up a User.
- Enter the user details including the user’s First and Last Name, Email, and User ID.
Note: The Email entered here will be used as the main method of communication with the new user. The User ID must be in the format of an email address.
- Click on Next.
- Select a number from the list of available phone numbers. If a number is not selected, you will need to enter an Extension.
- Select a Station (or license type) for the user.
Note: If the required station is not available, reach out to CallStream to place an order for additional stations.
- Enable the applications that need to be assigned to the user.
- Click on Next.
- If you want to assign a device, select it from the Search and add a device field.
Note: If the device has already been added to the phone system, but cannot be selected, it is possible it has already been assigned to another user. Refer to Removing Device Assignment from User for more information.
- Select the number of ports.
- Click on Save.
To verify a user has been added correctly, navigate to the Users tab in the Admin Portal and locate the new user on the list. Once a user has been added, a welcome email will be sent to the email address specified. If you need multiple devices assigned to the recently created user, refer to Assigning a Secondary Device to a User for more information.