If calls to a call center's alternate number are not displaying the correct caller ID, it is possible that your alternate number configuration was not done properly. If you wish to fix this or update the call center's Alternate Number configuration, you can modify its name, phone number, caller ID, and other information through Broadcloud's Admin Portal. This article describes the steps to accomplish this.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- Log in to the Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Advanced Services > Call Centers.
- Find the Call Center you want to configure and select the Actions drop-down menu.
- Select Edit Service.
- Navigate to the Incoming Calls tab.
- Expand the Advanced Settings section.
- Scroll to the Alternate Numbers section.
- Locate the Alternate Number that needs to be modified and click on the Edit option.
- Make the necessary changes to the Name, Phone Number, Extension, and Priority fields.
- If the Use custom caller ID settings option has been enabled, enter the desired First Name and Last Name.
- If the Use custom announcement option has been enabled, navigate to the Announcements tab and customize your announcements.
- Click on Save.
Once the changes have been saved, the Alternate Number details and configuration will be updated. To verify this, repeat steps 2 to 8. The values that were previously entered should be displayed. If the configuration was updated because the Caller ID was incorrect, calls to the alternate number should display the correct caller ID to the agents receiving the call.
Article is closed for comments.