You can add alternate numbers to your call center to accept calls from up to 10 additional incoming numbers not already assigned to a user or feature. This to ensure that the same group of users or agents is answering all incoming calls to different phone numbers. This article describes the process to add an alternate number to a call center managed in the WHC Business Portal.
Administrator access to the Business Portal.
To access the customer's business portal:
- Log in to the Business Portal.
- Navigate to the Companies section.
- Search for the customer by Company Name.
- Click on the Select option for the company in the results section.
- In the Business Portal, go to the Sites tab and select the correct site.
- Navigate to Features > Call Groups.
- Click on the Configure option for Call Centres.
- Click on the name of the Call Centre that needs to be updated.
- Go to the Feature Settings tab and click on the Configure option for Alternate Numbers.
- Click on the Add button.
- Select the Alternate Number from the list of options.
- Modify the Extension, if necessary. By default, the extension will be set as the last 4 numbers of the selected Alternate Number.
- Select a Ring Pattern. There is a choice of 4 distinctive ring patterns that can be assigned to each Alternate Number to assist Call Center agents to distinguish between the Alternate Numbers.
- Click on Save.
- The Alternate Number will be added to the Numbers list.
- If a distinctive ring pattern was selected, make sure the Use Distinctive Ring Patterns option is enabled
- Click on Save again.
Once the alternate number has been added to the Call Centre, all calls to the alternate number will ring the group of agents assigned to the call center. To verify the alternate number has been added correctly, repeat steps 2 to 5 of the solution section. The recently added alternate number should be listed.