You can add alternate numbers to your call center to accept calls from up to 64 additional incoming numbers not already assigned to a user or feature. This to ensure that the same group of users or agents is answering all incoming calls to different phone numbers. This article describes the process to add an alternate number to a call center managed in the Broadcloud Admin Portal.
- Access to the Parent Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal.
To access the Admin portal as the customer:
- Log into the Parent Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Customer Service Tool.
- Input the customer's name in the Customer field and press Enter.
- If a match is found, the customer information is displayed. Click on the Access CAP option at the top.
- Log in to the Admin Portal.
- Navigate to Advanced Services > Call Centers.
- Find the Call Center you want to configure and select the Actions drop-down menu.
- Select Edit Service.
- Navigate to the Incoming Calls tab.
- Expand the Advanced Settings section.
- Scroll to the Alternate Numbers section and click on Add.
- Enter the following details:
- Name: Name of the Alternate Number.
- Phone Number: Select a phone number from the numbers available in the dropdown list.
- Extension: Enter an extension number for this Alternate Number.
- Caller ID: Select a Caller ID number. This is the number that will be displayed to agents if the Display Setting is configured to display the DNIS number.
- Priority: Select a priority from 0 (highest) to 3 (lowest) for this alternate number queue.
- Check the Use custom caller ID settings option to enable and display to agents the configured first and last name for calls to this Alternate Number. This caller ID will be used if the Display Setting is configured to display the DNIS name.
- Check the Allow outgoing call center calls option to enable agents to make outbound calls using the Call Center Caller ID number in place of their own caller ID number.
- Check the Use custom announcement option to use customized announcements for this Alternate Number queue. Unique announcements for the Entrance, Wait, Comfort, Hold, and Whisper messages may be used.
- Click on Save.
- If the Use custom announcement option was enabled:
- Locate the new alternate number in the Alternate Numbers list and click on Edit.
- Navigate to the Announcements tab
- Customize your announcements.
- Click on Save
- Click on Save.
Once the alternate number has been added to the Call Centre, all calls to the alternate number will ring the group of agents assigned to the call center. To verify the alternate number has been added correctly, navigate to the Incoming Calls tab of the call center and scroll to the Alternate Numbers section. The number should be included in the Alternate Numbers list.