The Voice 2 Email service directs inbound calls from a single number to a message prompt, where callers can leave a voicemail message. This article provides the steps to configure the Voice 2 Email service after it has been assigned to a specific number.
- Voice 2 Email service has been assigned to the number.
- Access to the Nucleus platform.
Follow the steps below to set the most common One 2 Many configuration options.
- Log into the Nucleus platform.
Navigate to Call Handling > RNP: Voice 2 Email.
The Granting a Customer Access to Call Handling Features in the Nucleus Portal article will provide instructions if the customer is unable to see the Voice2 Email service in the Call Handling Menu.
The Changing the Service Type and the Termination Number in the Nucleus/BCH Portal will provide instructions pertaining to the number is set up with a different service type and is not displayed when searched for as a Voice 2 Email service.
- Enter the number and click on Search.
Click on the Configure option for the number.
- The Email field allows for the setup of the email to send the recordings to. The email address, group and subject are able to be configured here.
- FTP allows configuration of FTP credentials to store recordings on an FTP site.
- The Prompts can be set up for just audio recording as in prompts 1 and 3 in the screenshot above, or for data capture as prompt 2 is.
When only playing an audio message, the audio recording is set up and no further options require configuration.
- When set to capture data, the audio recording should be configured, if required, and the capture method of the data, as shown below.
DTMF will capture the button presses of the keypad of the calling device and store it.
Audio will capture the audio spoken by the caller.
DTMF With Confirmation will capture the DTMF information and repeat it back as confirmation.
Select Save Settings when complete.
- Once all of the prompts and settings have been configured the Voice 2 Email service setup is complete.
Note: The audio file must be either in .wav or a .mp3 format.
Once the Voice 2 Email service has been configured, all inbound calls to the number will be directed to the audio recordings and data capture prompts as required.
Article is closed for comments.