In order to modify the name of an extension, the user assigned to the extension needs to be modified in the Hosted PBX Admin Portal. This article provides the steps to update the first and last name of a user in the Admin Portal.
- Access to the Admin Portal.
To access the customer's admin portal:
- Log into the Main Admin Portal.
- Click on Customer Service Tool and then on Lookup Customer Info.
- Select the correct Customer (ID).
- Click on the Access CAP option. This will redirect you to the customer's Admin Portal.
- In the Admin Portal, navigate to the Users tab.
- Search the user by Extension.
- Select Actions for the user and then the Edit option for the user in the results.
- In the User Information tab, modify the First Name and Last Name
- Click on the Save option.
After the changes have been saved, navigate to the Users tab and search for the user by Extension. Verify that the values in the First Name and Last Name columns match the values entered in the Solution section.
Changes can also be verified by searching the company's directory by First Name or Last Name in the MyPhoneNext Portal.